06 August, 2020

OPALLAC GEL POLISH DARK PALETTE - SWATCHES & REVIEW

Add luxury to your next manicure withe the new deliciously rich and enticing Opallac dark gels!

Opallac is the Australian gel nail innovation promising glamorous salon quality gel nail colour; designed to last up to 14 days. The unique Opallac Gel formula glides on like normal nail polish and sets instantly like gel when cured by the revolutionary Opallac LED nail lamp. 

NO dry time! NO chipping! NO smudges! It's easy, AND it can be done at home! Opallac is also proudly Vegan, Cruelty free and 10-free!!

I have the NEW Opallac Dark Palette four-pack to review for you today :)



SAPPHIRE
Sapphire is an inky sapphire blue gel polish shade.
There's something unique about this particular tone of blue. It's kind of jelly-like / see-through and looks squishy, in a good way. Very cool! Who doesn't love a good blue? 

Opaque in one - two thin easy* coats.
(It looks fine with one, looks even better with two).
*I'd like to note that the formula of this one is slightly thicker than the rest, but it's still super easy to apply.


CAVIAR
Caviar is a deep plum purple gel polish shade.
So dark it will most probably look black from afar, but up close you can definitely see the plum purple colour. 
I'm always such a huge fan of almost-black nails. So sexy!

My swatch shows ONE easy coat! 
You could possibly need a second coat if your nails are longer than mine.


GRANITE
Granite is a dark grey gel polish shade.
Darker then the tone of grey I tend to wear, but still such a pretty shade. I'm surprised with how much I liked this one. So luxe!

My swatch shows ONE easy coat!


EMERALD
Emerald is a deep emerald-teal green gel polish shade.
Now this is a hard one to describe - it literally looks different depending on the lighting. I want to say its more of a teal green then emerald. Either way it's beautiful. Possibly my favourite from the lot! So pretty!

Opaque in one - two thin easy coats.
(It looks fine with one, looks even better with two).


*  *  * 

Let's be honest, wearing dark polish comes with it's hassles. As much as I LOVE rocking a good blue and basically any almost-black shade, I always question whether the application struggle is worth it. 

"I'm going to make a mess", "It's going to bleed into my cuticles", "My skin is going to stain", "I'm going to be stuck with Smurf hands", "This is not good for my OCD", "Oh the horror!!!", "Messy manicures are so much more obvious with dark polish!", "If you look at it from afar it's not that bad right?...Right??" - I literally think these things over and over again during application of dark polish, but because I love dark nails, I put up with the torture.

Although I can never fault Opallac, I was genuinely worried that I'd really struggle with these and potentially hate them. I mean I'm scared of applying regular dark polish, Gel polish is a whole different ball game because, well, it sticks! My biggest concern was "What happens if I cure a messy dark gel manicure?".

Well, well, well... let me tell you, without a word of a lie, I have never had such a pleasant manicure experience. I don't think I have applied dark polish quite as effortlessly as I did with these dark gels! 

These dark shades have the same perfect Opallac gel formula we have become accustomed to. They are super pigmented and apply so smooth and evenly. The amazing Opallac wide brush also perfectly contours to the nail for easy, mess-free application in three easy strokes! Cure under the Opallac LED nail lamp and you're good to go!

As always, I highly recommend trying out Opallac!
A fantastic option if you're looking for a quick and easy salon-quality DIY gel manicure you can do at home - literally no skills required for application or removal!

For more information on Opallac, I have an honest and detailed Blog Post reviewing the Gel System, along with some of my tips and tricks to achieving the perfect gel manicure at home, linked here.

Don't let Winter suppress your inner goddess, treat yourself to a luxurious Opallac Gel mani today! You deserve it!

*  *  * 

RRP: $58 for the set (AUD)

Opallac products are exclusively available for purchase online at www.opallac.com and www.priceline.com.au, as well Selected Priceline stores nationally (Australia).

ORDER THE PALETTE ON THE OPALLAC WEBSITE AND RECEIVE A CUTE PRINTED DRAWSTRING BAG

Have you been thinking about trying Opallac?
GET 15% OFF THE SMALL STARTER KIT ON THE OPALLAC WEBSITE - USE CODE INSTAGRAM15 AT CHECKOUT! *OFFER EXPIRES 31/08/20* 

*  *  * 

*Disclaimer: Opallac kindly sent me the products mentioned in this Blog Post for an honest review. All opinions expressed are mine based on what I have experienced through trialling these products.


Thank you for taking the time to read this review!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)
Have a fabulous day,
Doni x


Follow me on Instagram for more swatches & nail art - @donsnailobsession

No comments:

Post a Comment