12 January, 2020

SALLY HANSEN INSTA DRI MATTE METALLIC COLLECTION - SWATCHES & REVEIW

Sally Hansen have added to the Insta Dri range with some new shimmery metallic shades that dry to a cool matte finish.

I have the 7 new Sally Hansen Insta Dri Matte Metallics, that were released in Australia, to review for you today :)



GOLD RUSH 
Gold Rush is a metallic yellow gold nail polish shade with ultra fine pink and green shimmers scattered throughout it.


ROSE FLUSH
Rose Flush is a metallic peachy nude nail polish shade with ultra fine pink and gold shimmers scattered throughout it.


SMOKEY SILVER
Smokey Silver is a metallic silver nail polish shade with ultra fine silver, teal and purple shimmers scattered throughout it.


SMOLDERING TEAL
Smoldering Teal is a metallic teal nail polish shade with ultra fine blue and green shimmers scattered throughout it.


VIOLET VELVET
Violet Velvet is a metallic blurple nail polish shade with ultra fine pink and purple shimmers scattered throughout it.


BURNISHED WINE
Burnished Wine is a metallic brown nail polish shade with a red-gold shimmery flash, and ultra fine holographic particles scattered throughout it.


MOLTEN MAUVE
Molten Mauve is a metallic red nail polish shade with a brighter red shimmer scattered throughout it.



*  *  * 

Sally Hansen have these Insta Dri polishes labelled as 
"1 stroke. 1 coat. [And] Dry in 60 seconds."

Although the formulas are good, I disagree that they are all opaque in one coat - I mean most of them are definitely shimmery and pigmented enough for a quick and easy out-the-door mani, but I think they all need at least two coats (as seen in my swatches) to really bring out the gorgeous shimmer and for a nice and flawless manicure.

As with all matte polishes, these dry super fast, so it is important to work quickly when applying them. The amazing wide brush these Insta Dri polishes have, perfectly contours to the nail for smooth and easy application, in a single swipe; which makes application super quick, and prevents the appearance of brush strokes. 
I also definitely recommend wearing a coat of base coat (especially if you have ridges / textured nails), just to ensure the polish looks nice and smooth when it dries down to the matte finish.


*  *  * 

As much as I enjoy the cool velvet matte effect the polishes in this collection have, I just had to see how these would look with a coat of shiny top coat...








Wow! Look at that shimmer!
I have to say, I think I personally prefer the way the gorgeous shimmers in these polishes are enhanced with shiny top coat! So pretty!!

Do you prefer these polishes with or without top coat?
Leave a comment below -


*  *  *

RRP: $8.95 each (AUD)

The Sally Hansen Insta Dri range is available at Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and Select Pharmacies nationally (Australia). 
For details on retail stockists please call 1800 812 663.


*  *  * 



*Disclaimer: I purchased these products from Chemist Warehouse with my own money. All opinions expressed in this Blog post are mine based on what I have experienced through trialling these products.


Thank you for taking the time to read this review!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)
Have a fabulous day,
Doni x


Follow me on Instagram for more swatches & nail art - @donsnailobsession 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your formula is really good and I made purchases based on the reviews. However, I would like to see more of your products which could turn me happy. Well, so far you are going good with the quality and the shades. I love to do on my own nail paint and purposely I shall go and look for your products more in future.

    ReplyDelete