11 December, 2020

SISTACO DELUXE KIT NAIL POWDER SYSTEM - HONEST REVIEW, TIPS & TRICKS

 

Sistaco is a unique mineral-based nail powder (not nail polish!) system, proudly designed and developed in Australia. An innovative at-home alternative to expensive dipping powder / shellac / gel manicures. Sistaco products are purely vegan, cruelty free and free from the 9 harmful chemicals often found in nail products - this makes their products better for you and the environment! 

Today, I will be reviewing the Sistaco Deluxe Kit :)



THE DELUXE KIT - 
Everything you need to create a salon quality manicure at home 
The products in the kit come in a gorgeous marble gift box with stunning rose gold detailing.

The kit includes:
  • A portable LED nail lamp with a USB cord - does not come with an adapter, so it needs to be plugged into your computer.
  • Sistaco base coat 
  • Sistaco top coat 
  • 3 x nail powders of your choice - so many beautiful options, see them all linked here!!!
  • 2 x mixing pots - be creative and create your own unique powder!
  • A double ended brush/pad applicator - it's just like an old-school eyeshadow applicator

RRP: $125 with a value of $150!!!

The kit literally includes everything you need to create the prettiest manicure at home. You can purchase all of these items separately if preferred, but it works out cheaper to buy the complete set, especially if you're new to the brand and need the essentials (lamp, base and top coats). 
I also have a special discount code at the end of this review for you to get $20 off the kit ;)


"CLASSIC" INSTRUCTIONS - 
How to + my tips & tricks 

1. Thoroughly wash your hands - ensure your nail surface is completely clean and free from any oils, creams or chemicals. 

2. Once washed, I personally like to buff my nails and go over them with nail polish remover / primer to make sure they are completely smooth and clean. This will ensure your manicure will last a bit longer. 

3. Have everything set up and ready to go (bottles open, lamp plugged in etc), so it's smooth sailing once you officially start the application process.

4. Apply a thin coat of the Sistaco base coat. Avoid getting it on your skin.

5. Cure your nails with the Sistaco LED lamp for 60 seconds. There are no tricks or complicated instructions when it comes to using the LED nail lamp. Simply plug it in, switch the lamp on (there's only one button) and you're set! The LED lamp is auto-timed* at 30 seconds (I've timed it), so make sure you cure it for two rounds. 

6. Dip the pad end of the applicator in your desired powder. Very lightly rub the powder onto the nail. Apply / build up the powder until you achieve your desired look. I personally like dipping it in twice (equivalent to two coats). The end of the applicator you choose to use is supposed to depend on the type of powder (glitter, shimmer etc), but in general I've had the best results using the "pad" end, rather than the "brush" end.

7. Lightly apply a coat of the Sistaco top coat directly on top of the powder, be careful not to drag the powder off your nails.

8. Cure your nails for a final time with the Sistaco LED lamp for 60 seconds.

9. Wash your hands to get the residual powder off your skin. Application can get messy, but is easily cleaned up with water. 

10. Enjoy your mani and show it off to your friends!


According to the instruction card included in the kit, there is a "long wear option" where you apply a coat of top coat directly over the base coat (at step 4). I tried this method and it just didn't work for me, could have been my body chemistry, but the powder just wouldn't stick. I'm not exactly sure how much longer wear it's supposed to give you, but my mani lasted me over 7 days just by following the steps I have listed above, which is pretty impressive for me as I wash my hands religiously being a nurse.


* I have had a couple of issues with the lamp where the LED light won't turn on once I have pressed the button. I fidget with the USB cable / port and make sure it's plugged into my computer properly and it will usually work once I have pressed the button a couple more times. Not too sure if I got a faulty one, or this is just how it is. Bear that in mind. I am curious to see if other nail lamps work with the system though. 


SWATCHES - 
Enjoy some swatches of the powders I chose in my kit


BALLERINA 
This is the first one I tried in the set. I'm reading my notes from 8 weeks ago and it literally says "OMFG PRETTIEST THING EVER!!!" in caps. I still agree! It's stunning! This powder is jam-packed with pink shimmery goodness that flashes to blue in certain lights. It literally GLOWS on the nails. LOVE LOVE LOVE! 


DUSTY ROSE (METALLIC)
Who doesn't love a bit of rose-gold-chrome-metallic goodness? So easy to apply, rubs on like butter with no streaks. A crowd pleaser for sure! I got a lot of compliments when I wore this one! SO PRETTY!!!


FLAMINGO (HOLOGRAPHIC)
My personal favourite of the lot. It's pink, it's glitter and it's holographic - is there anything better? I AM LOST FOR WORDS! STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!!! I wore this during a week of night shifts and just couldn't stop staring at my nails. Bright lighting or not, the holographic pigment really does glisten. OBSESSED!!! This was also the easiest of the three to apply.


REMOVAL - 
How to remove your Sistaco manicure with the "Express Remover"

Sistaco recommend using their Express Remover to remove your Sistaco manicure - so no acetone soaking YAY! 

Here's how it works - 

1.  Lightly buff the top layer of your manicure - this step is optional and not actually listed as a step by Sistaco, I just find it makes removal a lot easier.

2.  Apply a generous layer of the Sistaco Express Remover on top of your manicure.

3. Wait for the colour to bubble and look like it's lifting off the nail. I tend to wait 5 - 10 minutes and even sometimes reapply if the colour is being stubborn.  

4. Gently push off the colour with a cuticle pusher or cotton pad.

5. Wash your hands and scrub the colour / remover off your nails.

So easy!


MY VERDICT - 
Is it worth the investment?  

YES!!!

I love that this kit will equip you with everything you need to create an awesome Sistaco mani! Sistaco is a fantastic option if you're looking for a quick and easy salon-quality DIY manicure you can do at home. Your nails shouldn't have to suffer during this pandemic just because you can't get to a nail salon!

The manicure experience itself is unlike anything I have ever had before. A lot easier to apply than I was expecting, and just a whole lot of fun in general. It was a bit of trial and error in the beginning, but the step-by-step and tips I listed above literally make application fool-proof. 

I am also SO OBSESSED with the colours I got to try! They're so pretty! There are over 50 shades of powder to choose from in the Sistaco range, so there's something for everyone. I can't wait to try out some more!

I've tried a lot of nail products in my time (hits and misses) and pride myself in giving honest opinions and reviews on my Blog; so if I recommend something, I genuinely rate it!

The Sistaco Deluxe Kit gets my thumbs up! I'd say it's definitely worth the investment!

*  *  *

RRP: $125 for the Deluxe Kit (AUD)

USE DISCOUNT CODE 
"DONI20"
FOR $20 OFF ANY AT-HOME KIT / COLLECTIONS

Sistaco products are exclusively available for purchase online at  www.sistaco.com

*  *  * 

Life is not always perfect, but your nails can be! 



*Disclaimer: Sistaco kindly sent me the products mentioned in this Blog Post for an honest review. All opinions expressed are mine based on what I have experienced through trialling these products.


Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this review!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! 

The world is crazy at the moment. Please stay safe! :)
Wishing you a fabulous day,
Doni x


Follow me on Instagram for more swatches & nail art - @donsnailobsession

10 comments:

  1. Translation Office Dubai
    Alsun Translation office provides the best top-notch services in Dubai customized to your our clients needs through a network of professional native translators.
    For many years, Aslun has gained good reputation and recognition as a leading translation company in UAE with a portfolio of success and achievement. If you are looking forward to a strategic partner for translation services in UAE or you need a professional translation services of your documents, Alsun is your first option! We have a branch in dubai: Office 1, Floor 50, Aspin Commercial Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. Our translators work 24/7 to provide you with the best legal translation.

    We are the best translation services Dubai. We provide our clients with perfect translation in no time. Our translators are available 24/7 to serve you. You can visit our branch in Dubai or call us at 0544379997. If you are searching for quick and reliable translation services, you will find complete spectrum of linguistic solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vioz Unisex salon in delhi offers you one of the best women, men's and kid’s beauty parlor and salon in Palam Colony Dwarka and Delhi NCR. we also provide hair extensions, blow dry styling, spa services, waxing, manicure pedicure and bridal makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think any brand of base or top coat for dip nails could be used with the sistaco powders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article opened my eyes, I can feel your mood, your thoughts, it seems very wonderful. I hope to see more articles like this. Thanks for sharing. https://beautysalonorbit.com/sistaco-nail-powder-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this useful Blog! The demand of best nail salon in dubai is increasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such a helpful blog. https://beautysalonorbit.com/sistaco-nail-powder-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balancing work, social commitments, and household chores can be overwhelming. Professional maid services in Dubai offer a helping hand, ensuring that your home remains clean and organized while you focus on other aspects of your life. Trained maids provide a range of services, from daily cleaning tasks to more specialized needs, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free living experience.

    ReplyDelete