16 August, 2019

JESSICA COSMETICS AUTUMN ROMANCE COLLECTION - SWATCHES & REVIEW

After dominating the US nail market JESSICA cosmetics is finally available here in Australia! Great news for us Aussie nail polish addicts! 

JESSICA Custom Nail Colours are labeled as "iconic, indulgent and best in class"; exclusively formulated to the highest industry standards.

All JESSICA nail colours are Cruelty Free, Vegan and 7-Free which means they are free from nasty chemicals like Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Toluene, DBP, Camphor, Xylene and Ethyl Tosylamide - so they are gentle on you and the environment!

I have the 6 piece Autumn Romance collection to try and review for you today :)

*Spoiler alert: They. Are. I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!!*



WINE COUNTRY
Wine Country is a deep red wine nail polish shade.
I feel like you could take over the world with nails this colour!

The formula is perfect! The polish is easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail. It applies slightly patchy but self-levels nicely.

It's super pigmented, covers well and builds up to full opacity in two thin easy coats.


NATURAL SPLENDOR 
Natural Splendor is a peachy nude nail polish shade.
I never tire from this kind of colour. It's a go-to and one of my favourite shades of nude.

The formula is perfection!!! The polish is easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail. It isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels well. So so good, especially for a nude!

It's pigmented, covers REALLY well and builds up to full opacity nice and easily in one - two thin coats, depending on personal preference - it looks perfectly fine in one coat!


TOASTED PECANS
Toasted Pecans is a brown nail polish shade.
I don't typically wear brown, but now I just might! This is super pretty and flattering!

The formula, yet again, is perfect! The polish is easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail. It isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels well.

It's super pigmented, covers well and builds up to full opacity nice and easily in one - two thin coats, depending on preference - I think it looks better in two coats.


FALLEN LEAVES
Fallen Leaves is a brick red nail polish shade.
It's not your typical red shade. There's something special about this one.

The formula is literally perfection!!! The polish is easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail. It isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels well.

It's vibrant, covers amazingly well and builds up to full opacity nice and easily in one thin coat! One coat! 

I sound like a broken record, but these polishes are seriously AMAZING!


MORNING HAZE
Morning Haze is a grey nail polish shade with copper shimmer scattered throughout it.

I love the combination of the grey and copper, in theory, BUT once you add a second coat of this polish, the amazing shimmer you see in the bottle becomes virtually non existent on the nail. I mean you can sort of see a glow if you look really closely, but it's not as vivid as I would have liked it to be. That being said, I still really like this shade of grey.

The formula of this one is thinner, but still easy to work with. It covers well and builds up to full opacity nice and easily in two thin coats.


MAUVE-LOUS NIGHTS
Mauve-lous Nights is a plum purple nail polish shade.
This was the first one I tried from the collection, and as soon as I applied the first stroke I gasped! 

The formula, again, is perfect! The polish is easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail. It isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels well.

It's super vibrant, covers really well and builds up to full opacity nice and easily in one - two thin coats, depending on preference - I think it looks better in two coats.



*  *  * 
I topped off all of these swatches with the JESSICA Brilliance High Gloss top coat
THIS. STUFF. IS. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! 
SO glossy and dries in a flash. Truely a stroke of brilliance! 


*  *  * 

These are the first polishes I have tried from JESSICA Cosmetics and I am so OBSESSED with them!

I think JESSICA have smashed it out of the park with this collection! The colour selection is spot on and perfect for Autumn. The formulas are literally flawless, and the quality is amazing - they are super pigmented and vibrant, they're long-lasting and they dry relatively fast.  
I seriously cannot find any faults with these polishes!
It's a big A+ from me JESSICA!

My personal favourites from the collection are; Natural Splendor, Fallen Leaves & Mauve-lous Nights

JESSICA Custom Nail Colours are available in classic and trend-setting shades with a huge variety of finishes including; creme, matte, metallic, glitter, opalescent, sheer and frost.
I cannot wait to try out some more! Definitely recommend! 


*  *  * 

RRP: $17.95 each (AUD)

JESSICA Cosmetics are available for purchase at www.jessicacosmetics.com.au (Australia). 

*  *  * 

*Disclaimer: JESSICA Cosmetics Australia kindly sent me these products for an honest review. All opinions expressed in this Blog post are mine based on my personal experiences through trialling these products.


Thanks for taking the time to read this review!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)
Have a fabulous day, 
Doni x 


Follow me on Instagram for more nail swatch pics & nail art - @donsnailobsession

No comments:

Post a Comment