08 July, 2015

OPI BRIGHTS COLLECTION 2015 - SWATCHES & REVIEW

Light up your nail look with OPI's new 2015 summer Brights Collection.

The collection consists of "shockingly saturated hot pinks, to bold electric blues, to intensely vibrant red - the collection delivers rich, true-to-bottle colour in just a few coats."

These bold hues are the perfect way to make an impact - with the new Brights Collection, OPI makes it easy to create an intense colour statement without saying a word!


Although it's currently winter here in Australia, who says you can't wear colour? 

Today I have a review on seven polishes from this collection to share with you!



I STOP for Red  "This Red is so hot, it's got to be illegal!" - OPI
I STOP for Red is a 'scorching hot', bright orange-toned red nail polish colour - it's virtually the same bright red colour as a fire engine / STOP sign ;)
Nothing too unique about the colour per se but this polish does not have a straight up cream formula; it's more of a jelly-like (kind of see-through), polish and looks squishy (but not in a bad way), making it quite unique - I have nothing like it in my growing nail polish collection and I personally think the fact that it's jelly-like makes it pretty cool and more than just "another red polish".

~ I think this polish would be great to use for a 'jelly sandwich' mani or 'pond' mani - Google it!

This polish has a great formula and is really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels really well. 
The formula is a little runny though and I recommend being careful with your application to avoid pooling on the side of the nail.

This polish is really easy to build up, with multiple coats, to brighten and intensify the colour. The polish is completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in two - three thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.


The Berry Thought of You  "I think, therefore I wear this delicious Berry." - OPI
The Berry Thought of You is a delectable berry pink-toned purple nail polish colour. I absolutely love this shade and would seriously be content to wear this all the time! The colour is amazing!

The formula of this polish is very similar to I STOP for Red, with a jelly-like formula. 
It's really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels really well - it's perfection in a bottle!

This polish is really easy to build up, with multiple coats, to brighten and intensify the colour. The polish is completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in two - three thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.


My Car has Navy-gation  "I would re-route my whole day for this gorgeous navy blue!" - OPI
My Car has Navy-gation is a 'bright' deep navy blue nail polish colour.
This blue is super rich and intense.
It's deep colour intensity made it so hard to capture in a photo - It's amazing how such a dark colour can be bright at the same time. 

The formula of this polish is a little tricky to work with - it is a tad thicker then the other polishes in this collection but is also jelly-like. It is a little gloopy, sticky and patchy with the first coat of polish. - however this doesn't affect the polish's drying time.
*Once the second coat of polish is applied it is no longer patchy and self-levels really well - the polish application corrects itself with the second coat of polish, showing off the polish's true beauty and perfection.
I found that this polish is also amazingly shiny (without topcoat) compared to the other polishes in this collection. 

The polish is completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in two thin coats.


#An alternative to this polish is OPI's Eurso Euro which is virtually the same colour and the closest dupe for My Car has Navy-gation that I am aware of. 
I have both polishes and they don't look too different in the bottle, but I believe My Car has Navy-gation is a little bit of a "brighter" navy blue, but Eurso Euro has a better formula (it's a perfect one coater!).
Either way, they are both gorgeous rich and intense blue's and I love them both.


I Sea You Wear OPI  "Look who's loving waves of shimmering metallic blue." - OPI
I sea You Wear OPI is a shimmery iridescent metallic blue nail polish colour, with glass-fleck glitter and a purple flash and shift in colour depending on how you look at it.
This polish legitimately looks like the actual sea, with it's different flashes of blue.
My swatch really doesn't do this polish justice - I blame winter lighting (I use natural lighting for my swatch pics)

At first glance I didn't really think much of the polish, but when I put it on I was in awe! 
The polish is STUNNING and so unique. I am genuinely OBSESSED with it!
I definitely recommend this polish!


This polish has a good formula and is really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels really well.

The polish is very sheer but it's good formula allows for it to be easily built up, with multiple coats of polish, to brighten and intensify the colour. 
The polish is completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in three - four thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.



Can't Hear Myself Pink!  "No, I can't turn down this shimmery, metallic pink." - OPI
Can't Hear Myself Pink! is a shimmery iridescent metallic pink coral nail polish colour, with glass-fleck glitter and a gold flash and shift in colour depending on how you look at it.
It's a super unique polish.
In direct sunlight the polish looks like it's glowing and kind of reminds me of Lava - I looks stunning on the nail!

The formula of this polish is very similar to I Sea You wear OPI and is really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy and it self-levels really well. 

The polish is very sheer (more sheer than I Sea You wear OPI) but it's good formula allows for it to be easily built up, with multiple coats of polish, to brighten and intensify the colour. 
The polish is completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in three - four thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.


Down to the Core-al  "The beauty of this brilliant coral goes beyond skin deep." - OPI 
Down to the Core-al is a neon coral nail polish colour with iridescent pink and gold shimmer, which looks different on the nail depending on how you look at it, giving it a duo-chrome look. The colour is quite unique. 

The formula of this polish is good and really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy. I noticed it didn't appear to self-level and smooth out while it was wet, but once completely dry, it looks even and smooth. 
The formula is a little runny and I recommend being careful with your application to avoid pooling on the side of the nail.

This polish is really easy to build up, with multiple coats, to brighten and intensify the colour. 
This polish may benefit from a white base coat (I recommend OPI's "Put a Coat On") to intensify the colour and make it look more neon; but without it, it's completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in two - three thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.


Hotter than You Pink  "Just when you think pink can't get any hotter, there's this!" - OPI
Hotter than You Pink is a neon hot pink nail polish colour with iridescent blue and purple shimmer, which looks different depending on how you look at it, giving it a duo-chrome look. The colour is quite unique.

The formula of this polish is great and is really easy to work with - It's easy to apply and effortlessly glides onto the nail, it isn't streaky or patchy and self-levels really well.
The formula is a little runny and I recommend being careful with your application to avoid pooling on the side of the nail.


This polish is really easy to build up, with multiple coats, to brighten and intensify the colour. 
This polish may benefit from a white base coat (I recommend OPI's "Put a Coat On") to intensify the colour and make it look more neon; but without it, it's completely opaque (meaning you see no visible nail line) in two - three thin coats.
*note: the whiter your nail line, the more coats of polish you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity with no visible nail line.


* Put A Coat On!  
Put a Coat on is pretty much just a white basecoat to apply to the nail to brighten the nail polish you put under it - you can literally amp up any bright shade with this colour boosting basecoat ~ I also think it would also be a great basecoat for ombre / gradient nail art. 

I really like the idea of this basecoat and can see myself getting a lot of use out of it!


(I will hopefully have a separate review of this basecoat up on my blog soon, showing the colour intensity this basecoat creates when applied under neons - I will attach a link here when I do - watch this space!)


* * * 


Overall I quite like these polishes. The colour range is a little disappointing compared to previous "Brights" collections but the polishes are still really pretty and colour intense, and will definitely make a statement.

There isn't any particular polish in this collection I wouldn't recommend, but my personal favourites and picks from this collection are "The Berry Thought of You", "I Sea You Wear OPi" and "Can't Hear Myself pink". 



Don't be deceived when applying the first coat of polish - all of the polishes in this collection are on the sheer side and need at least two coats of polish before they looks opaque and resemble the colour in the bottle. 
*Remember: The whiter your nail line, the more coats you'll need to apply to reach full colour opacity.

 *  *  *

RRP: $19.95 each (AUD)

Available in June 2015 at selected Myer and David Jones stores and selected Salons nationally (Australia)
For details on retail stockists please call 1800 812 663
For details on salon enquiries please call 1800 358 999

*  *  *
*Disclaimer: CotyPR Australia kindly sent me these products for an honest review. All opinions expressed in this Blog post are mine based on what I have experienced through trialling these products.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Have a great day 
Doni xxx


Follow me on Instagram for more swatch pics & nail art - @donsnailobsession

No comments:

Post a Comment